- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Article processing charges
- Copyright and License
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Akademika Kimia is an electronic open access journal that aims to publish the latest research results in the area of academic education, especially in the field of chemistry education including learning assessment, learning model and development of learning materials, as well as pure chemistry including organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry and other chemistry fields such as environmental chemistry.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Peer review is an integral part of scientific publishing that confirms the validity of the science reported. Peer reviewers are experts who volunteer their time to help improve the journal manuscripts they review—they offer authors free advice.
Jurnal Akademika Kimia (JAK) follows a single-blinded peer review process to ensure impartial editorial decision making.
1. Submission of Paper
The corresponding or submitting author submits the paper to the journal. This is usually via an online system. Occasionally, Jurnal Akademika Kimia may accept submissions by email.
2. Editorial Office Assessment
Jurnal Akademika Kimia checks the paper’s composition and arrangement against the journal’s Author Guidelines to make sure it includes the required sections and stylizations. Once article passes through this step, articles are subjected to editorial review for focus and scope, relevance and other standard requirements.
3. Appraisal by the Editor-in-Chief
The Editor-in-Chief checks that the paper is appropriate for the journal focus and scopes and is sufficiently original and interesting, and then assigns an Editor who handles the peer review. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
4. Invitation to Reviewers
The section editor sends invitations to individuals he or she believes would be appropriate reviewers. As responses are received, further invitations are issued, if necessary, until the required number of acceptances is obtained.
5. Response to Invitations
Potential reviewers consider the invitation against their own expertise, conflicts of interest and availability. They then accept or decline. If possible, when declining, they might also suggest alternative reviewers.
6. Review is Conducted
The reviewers read it closely and provide individual critiques, usually within one to two weeks. The review is then submitted to the journal, with a recommendation to accept or reject it – or else with a request for revision (usually flagged as either major or minor) before it is reconsidered.
7. Editor Journal Evaluates the Reviews
The section editor considers all the returned reviews before making an overall decision. Depending on reviewer commentary and recommendations, manuscripts may be sent back to authors for revision. After the section editor receives the revised manuscript, it is assigned to the reviewer(s) once again, for approval of changes. But the final decision to publish is made by the Editor-in-Chief.
If the paper was sent back for revision, the reviewers should expect to receive a new version, unless they have opted out of further participation. However, where only minor changes were requested this follow-up review might be done by the section editor.
Jurnal Akademika Kimia is published 4 (four) times a year (February, May, August and November) which includes articles of latest scientific work in Indonesian and English in the fields of Chemistry Education and non-Education. Each issue contains 8 to 10 articles which comprise 200-250 pages.
Open Access Policy
Jurnal Akademika Kimia adhere to the best practice and high publishing standards and comply with the following conditions:
- Provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge;
- Allows the author to hold the copyright and to retain publishing right without restrictions;
- Deposits content with a long term digital preservation or archiving program;
- Uses DOIs as permanent identifiers;
- Allows generous reuse and mixing of content, in accordance with CC BY-NC license;
- Provides article level metadata for any indexers and aggregators;
- Has a deposit policy registered wíth a deposit policy registry, e.g. Sherpa/Romeo.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Article processing charges
All articles published in Jurnal Akademika Kimia are open access and freely available online, immediately upon publication. This is made possible by an article-processing charge (APC) that covers the range of publishing services we provide.
Jurnal Akademika Kimia charges the following fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Article Publication: 200000.00 (IDR)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an article publication fee to cover publications services.
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive such fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.
Copyright and License
- Copyright on any open access article in Jurnal Akademika Kimia is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant Jurnal Akademika Kimia a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
Jurnal Akademika Kimia
Based on a work at http://jurnal.untad.ac.id/jurnal/index.php/jak